Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Ha ha! Its time!

Get ready for the biggest and best update of your life! 
So it been a tough few weeks, as I've been forced to face with the closing of an era. An era of glitz, glamor and parties. Last weekend, or maybe it was the weekend before that, my beloved red Yamaha Vino was cruelly ripped away from me, for what could be forever. That's right Papa D decided it was time. Time for the scooter to return home. 

So the whole fam, came down and loaded her up and drove away into the night. I may look slightly happy in this picture, but I was crying inside.  There she is, all shiny and red, looking so forlorn. We had some fun times, did we not? Scootering around campus with coolers and friends. Getting pulled over by the fake BYU campus police, crashing while talking on the phone (learn from my mistake, NEVER talk on the phone and drive a scooter at the same time) (although as I recall Kristen wasn't talking on the phone when she crashed hers, so maybe it was simply a rite of passage).  The countless hours of the wind in my hair, and the many times I ran you out of gas. I believe it's somewhere around 10. I will never forget you, my sweet red Vino. Goodbye. You are gone but not forgotten. 
 See how distraught I am in this picture? I am really struggling to keep it together. As a side note doesn't Tannie have the cutest dimple ever?? Look how frenchie my mom is, love the scarf. 
 Its the Tanner and the Chew! Two of my favorite people. I was putting on a really good show for the camera. Oh and you notice the hoodie I am wearing? Well we saw this girl with the exact same hoodie and she even looked like me. It was like bizarro Hailie. Freaky. 

On to less depressing topics, although I don't know how one recovers from getting their scooter stolen. 

Have I mentioned ever that I LOVE purple? Well if you don't believe me, check this out..... 
That's right we are a matching purple couple. Granted shortly after this picture was taken we went our separate ways and weren't actually seen together in public. Which I think makes it okay! Andrew is sporting a new purple shirt, that I didn't even pick out! And I have various purple items of clothing on. Look how happy I am to be wearing purple! I am actually becoming annoyed with myself for loving purple so much. It has to stop, it's an addiction. 
 Thats about it in our lives, if I can ever get over the heartbreak of losing my scooter maybe I will be able to post something about where we will be living in DC this summer. We are really wanting to rent a sweet little apartment that is by the National Cathedral, which Andrew will love because he has a thing for stained glass. Don't be surprised if in the future our house will look like some medieval catholic cathedral.  Speaking of catholics, I gave up all things carbonated for Lent, and since I am not actually Catholic, I had to google "when does Lent end" and I was given a number of different suggestions, so I may just make this no carbonation a life style change. But I highly doubt it because I have been DYING for a diet coke, as well as some of the Diet Squirt, Andrew has been so fond of as of late. 

So well...school is winding to a close which means its finals time for Andrew again, which means we aren't speaking to each other...again. Which ultimately means, only 1 more year! Then its goodbye law school, hello real world. I just hope there is something of it left. And that we will be able to live like real adults for at least a few years, until the world implodes. 

So that's it. That's the update you've all been waiting for...I know pretty awesome right? 

One more thing... everyone and I mean everyone should turn on their TVs to NBC at 8:30 tomorrow night and watch 30 Rock. It'll be the best decision you've ever made. 

7 comments:

Kerilee Law said...

Maybe Savannah gets it from you... her absolutely favorite color is purple!!

Kara B said...

I love the update. You guys look great in purple! I agree with your comments about T & Mom. Where's a picture of Dad? I bet he feels left out. I'm going to have to cruise around on the scooter when I'm in ID. Will be fun.

J. Andrew said...

3 Comments:

I look awesome in my purple shirt.

We are very sad that the scooter is gone. I think my father is the saddest of all. He liked to pretend it was a Harley when he drove it around.

Finally, Diet Squirt is a taste sensation. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a no-calorie alternative to regular Squirt.

Amanda Hall said...

H- Why did you get your scooter taken away. Andrew looks like JFK in that purple shirt.

Kristen Lee Briggs said...

Oh Man! Mine is gone, too! I still cry about it and every time.....EVERY TIME....I see someone riding a scooter, my heart breaks! I feel real emotion about it! I want a new one so bad, but I want it to go 60 mph. That might not be a good thing, however, because of the memories that you brought up about the scooters in college! We had such a good time! Remember when you stole tulips for me on your scooter? What a great friend you were!

Steph said...

I kind of feel an obligation to write a few things in memory of your red Scoot...Remember scootering to Tahitian Noni to have lunch with Becky that summer semester on University Ave? Ha! How about running out of gas on our way to that stupid 7 am chemistry lab we only went to half the time? double HA! How about packing three of us on it to get to church?
OH, and the GREATEST memory of them all: Emily claiming she could drive it! hahahahahah! I love you Em, but I wouldn't have EVER ridden with you driving...
My thought are with you, Red Vino. Many happy times were spent with you, thank you for your gas efficiency and ease for parking in the bike racks of campus. You will be missed...

Janna said...

Hailie, that is the hardest I've laughed in a long time. Your blog is so fun to read!!!